Sunday, January 6, 2013

For GOD Sake ,,,,,,,PLEASE GO


In the name of God, go!

Mythili Bhusnurmath  ( From Economic Times )
Friday December 28, 2012


The government has lost the moral right to remain in power.  

Why haven’t I written a blog on the ghastly rape incident in Delhi almost a fortnight ago? Just reading about it had made my stomach churn. So much so that I simply could not bring myself to read some of the more gory details and have since been haunted by images of what the poor kid (she is just a kid to my 50 plus years) must have endured that night and has been going through in the days since.

So why have I not blogged on it? It was only when a colleague asked me about my silence that I was forced to look deep within and answer. I have been silent because I have no words to express my anguish. Anything I might write or say seems so completely inadequate that it is best I stay silent and pray and direct my anger, instead, at the government – at the callousness and incompetence of the authorities in handling the situation; at the sheer inability of our leaders to shown an iota of leadership or even comprehend the angst of the people.   

Blaming the police for violent reprisals against peaceful demonstrators is easy; but ordinary policemen don’t act on their own. They act on instructions from their bosses (read, political bosses). It is these bosses who have failed us and are answerable to the people.

Unfortunately, the next Parliamentary elections are still more than 15 months away; that’s much too long to wait. So in the words of Oliver Cromwell to the Rump Parliament in 1653, let me beseech the Prime Minister,


‘You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!’ You may be a good man but the country needs a leader, being good is not enough!.

http://blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.com/myth-n-reality/entry/mr-pm-in-the-name-of-god-go


Fast-tracking justice delivery 

by Mythili Bhusnurmath  

Economic Times


We need every court to be a fast-track court, dispose of cases fast (Economic Times)

http://jaindanendra.blogspot.in/2012/12/criminals-do-not-fear-law.html












No comments: